Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested
Suspect is Responsible for Bank and Post Office Robberies
[October 10, 2013, Bel Air, MD] - Harford County Sheriff's detectives have charged John Joseph Wilson, 53, of 2903 Dunbrin Road Dundalk, Maryland, with multiple counts of robbery, 1st and 2nd degree assault, theft, and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony for his role in committing six bank and US Post Office robberies investigated by the Sheriff's Office and Postal authorities.
Sheriff's detectives, the Maryland State Police, the FBI and United States Postal Inspector's Office had been working jointly sharing information and intelligence since the robberies began occurring in December 2012. As a result of the October 5, 2013 robbery of the US Post Office in Benson, Maryland, detectives with the Maryland State Police developed information and identified a suspect in their case. They shared that information with Sheriff's detectives who connected Wilson to six cases they were investigating one of those dating back to 2010.
Wilson was charged in the following cases:
- September 30, 2010 - Madison Square Federal Savings Bank, 2209 Bel Air Road, Fallston, Maryland
- December 10, 2012 - Madison Square Federal Savings Bank, 2209 Bel Air Road, Fallston, Maryland
- December 12, 2012 - USPO 108 Connolly Road, Benson, Maryland
- December 17, 2012 - Sovereign Bank, 1816 Emmorton Road, Bel Air Maryland
- April 27, 2013 - Sovereign Bank, 1816 Emmorton Road, Bel Air Maryland
- April 27, 2013 - USPO 108 Connolly Road, Benson Maryland
Wilson was taken before a Harford County District Court Commissioner on October 10th and is currently incarcerated in the Harford County Detention without bond. The Maryland State Police have also filed charges in their cases.