Sheriff Continues Search for Missing Persons
Five Females Reported Missing
(Bel Air, Md. – September 18, 2006) — The Harford County Sheriff's Office is continuing the investigation of five (5) females reported missing earlier this year. Originally, Sheriff’s Deputies were searching for nine females reported as missing persons. During the past few months, four of the nine females originally listed as missing, have been located or returned to their families.
As of today, five of the original nine women remain unaccounted for and investigators are looking for clues as to their whereabouts. Those individuals currently listed as missing by their families are:
- Jennifer Lynn Blankenship, 25, from the 100 block of Spesutia Road in Aberdeen. She was last seen in Aberdeen on June 4, 2006.
- Cynthia Ann Briggs, 58, of the 900 block of Arncliffe Court, Baltimore. Briggs was last seen in the 1700 block of Castleton Road in Darlington on September 17, 2004.
- Monica Patricia Gonsalves, 24, of the 600 block of Sequoia Drive, Edgewood. Gonsalves was last seen on April 13, 2006 in Edgewood.
- Ashley Nicole Hess, 17, from the 200 block of Hopewell Road in Churchville. She was last seen on May 18, 2006 at her home.
- Erika Nicole Shaffner, 17, of the 4000 block of Conowingo Road in Darlington. Shaffner has been missing since September 25, 2003 when she was last seen in the Darlington area.
Of particular interest to investigators is the whereabouts of Jennifer Blankenship who frequented the Aberdeen area and disappeared two days after the body of Sheila Ann Turner was found in a remote field near Perryman in Harford County.
At this time it is not known if foul play is related to the disappearance of any of the women.
Anyone with information regarding any of the missing women is asked to contact the Harford County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division at 410-836-5431. All information will be kept strictly confidential.