Information on Missing Persons Sought by Investigators
Deputies Search for Clues in Disappearance of Nine Females
(Bel Air, Md. – June 22, 2006) — Nine females are currently listed as missing by the Harford County Sheriff’s Office and investigators are looking for clues regarding their whereabouts.. Five of the missing women are adults and four are juveniles.
Those individuals currently listed as missing by their families are:
- Laurie Dee Ambrose, 41 from the 200 block of Mayor Avenue in Terra Alta, West Virginia. Ambrose was last seen in the 100 block of Fern Drive in Joppa on January 13, 2006.
- Jennifer Lynn Blankenship, 25, from the 100 block of Spesutia Road in Aberdeen. She was last seen in Aberdeen on June 4, 2006.
- Cynthia Ann Briggs, 58, of the 900 block of Arncliffe Court, Baltimore. Briggs was last seen in the 1700 block of Castleton Road in Darlington on September 17, 2004.
- Mandy Marie Fox, 14, of 3000 Sounding Drive, Edgewood. She was last seen at her residence on April 27, 2006.
- Monica Patricia Gonsalves, 24, of the 600 block of Sequoia Drive, Edgewood. Gonsalves was last seen on April 13, 2006 in Edgewood.
- Ashley Nicole Hess, 17, from the 200 block of Hopewell Road in Churchville. She was last seen on May 18, 2006 at her home.
- Erica Noel Lautz, 25, of 1300 Streamview Court in Bel Air. She was last seen on June 14, 2006 at her home.
- Estefania Sarah Pena, 17, of the 600 block of Pier Drive in Edgewood. Pena was last seen at her home on June 2, 2006.
- Erika Nicole Shaffner, 17, of the 4000 block of Conowingo Road in Darlington. Shaffner has been missing since September 25, 2003 when she was last seen in the Darlington area.
Of particular interest to investigators is the whereabouts of Jennifer Blankenship who is a known prostitute and frequented the Aberdeen area. Blankenship disappeared two days after the body of Sheila Ann Turner was found in a remote field near Perryman in Harford County.
At this time it is not known if foul play is related to the disappearance of any of the women.
Anyone with information regarding any of the missing women is asked to contact the Harford County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division at 410-836-5431. All information will be kept strictly confidential.