Law Enforcement Central Records
Central Records is responsible for the processing, storage, security, and retrieval of all documentation pertaining to the law enforcement, court and corrections functions of the Sheriff's Office. Documents include, but are not limited to warrants, criminal summons, criminal citations, fingerprint cards, arrest photos, peace orders, and protective orders. Records is also responsible for gambling license and police reports, which include motor vehicle crashes, DWI reports, and missing person reports.
Central Records is open twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week. Telephone numbers for the unit are 410-836-5445, 410-836-5450 or 410-879-9142. Fax 410-893-9266. You can email the Central Records unit with questions or comments at HCSORecords@harfordsheriff.org. For questions or comments regarding gambling licenses in Harford County, you can email HCSOGamblingLicense@harfordsheriff.org.
Requesting a copy of a police report
Beginning August 13th, 2011
- You must complete a public information act (PIA) request form or make the request in writing. Be sure to include your name, address and telephone number. Report number or location of incident is very important. (mail in or drop off)
- You must attach a check or money order for $5, made payable to "Harford County" no cash will be accepted. The Harford County Sheriff's Office has a set fee list and reports up to 9 pages are $5 (non-refundable). There is a higher fee for 10 or more pages, videos, photos, etc. Requests will not be processed without the fee attached.
- Reports can not be picked up while you wait. They will not be faxed. (Urgent matters may be addressed directly with the Records Manager)
- The report will be mailed to the address listed on the form within 30 days.
- You will be notified by mail if your request is denied for any reason.
- Any request for reports that include juvenile arrest must have a juvenile waiver from the court attached or the request will be denied. By law, reports containing juvenile arrests are not releasable. Parents can contact juvenile services for information on the arrest of their child.
Also see instructions for obtaining a gambling license for more information.
This form can be printed from a PC, completed and brought in or mailed to HCSO Central Records for Processing.
The violation notice and fine amount may be returned by mail, personally or by an authorized person to Harford County Government, Revenue Collections, 220 South Main St, Bel Air, MD 21014.
If properly returned with the correct fine, no court appearance is necessary.
A court hearing may be obtained upon written request within 21 days of the violation issue date to Harford County Sheriff's Office, Records Unit, 45 South Main St, Bel Air, MD 21014.
Request for Public Information
|01-09 pages:||$5.00 per report|
|10-20 pages:||$15.00 per report|
|21-30 pages:||$25.00 per report|
|31-50 pages:||$35.00 per report|
|51-99 pages:||$50.00 per report|
100 plus pages will be $50.00 set fee plus $0.30 per copy. Calls for service will be charged per page, not per incident. Charges according to the fee list above. There is no charge to a victim of Domestic Violence for a police report, photos, or tapes.
A $25.00 charge will be attached to above report fee for every hour after two that it takes to process the request.
|Audio tapes:||$10.00 per tape|
|VHS Video tapes:||$10.00 per VHS tape|
|DVD or CD's:||$20.00 per disk|
|Digital photos:||$20.00 per disk|
|Photos (Polaroid only):|
|Individual Colored Photos|
from color copier:
|$3.00 per photo|
|MVS DVD’s (in car video duplication):||$75.00 per DVD|
A $25.00 charge will be attached to above for every hour after two that it takes to process the request.
Harford County Sheriff's Office does not bill for duplication of records, all requests must have fee attached or it will not be processed. All documents will be mailed to the requestor, only exceptions will be for urgent court cases.